TRICAPITAL was founded in 2004 as Tweed Renaissance Investors Capital. From those early days, as our name suggests, our members took a particular interest in investments based in the Scottish Borders.
TRICAPITAL is a leading early-stage investment organisation supporting, so far, more than 50 high growth companies through their gestation and formative years with funding, guidance and expertise.
Today we operate across Scotland as a whole as an accredited Scottish Enterprise Partner providing us with access to match funding from the Scottish Co- Investment Fund for eligible investments.
Our Core Values
- Create and support employment opportunities across our portfolio of companies
- Develop successful and sustainable businesses that generate increasing investor value and returns
- Add value by contributing business expertise, knowledge and contacts
- Encourage and support diversity across our membership and portfolio of businesses to promote innovation, creativity and evolution.
- See the highs and lows of investing and have some fun!
TRICAPITAL is not authorised by the FCA and DOES NOT provide investment advice, act as an investment manager or otherwise arrange or recommend deals.
The syndicate operates as members club. As such, each member individually decides whether or not to invest in companies.
TRICAPITAL is member of LINC Scotland, the national association for Scottish business angels.
The TRICAPITAL Syndicate is a Scottish Enterprise accredited angel syndicate and Scottish Co-Investment Fund partner.